Sanctions Available to the NMC
If the NMC finds the allegations not to be proven they will take no further action.
On a finding of misconduct or incompetence however, the Committee may:
• Take no further action if, taking all relevant circumstances into account, it finds that it is not appropriate to take further action, or;
• May impose a Caution Order, lasting between one and five years;
• May impose a Conditions of Practice Order with a maximum of three years duration;
• May impose a Suspension Order with a maximum period of one year;
• May impose a Striking Off Order. Nurses or midwives may not apply for restoration to the register for a period of at least 5 years following such an order.